I'm late for everything.
I mean even stuff that I'm really excited about going to I'm late for, and even though most of the time it's my husband's fault there are probably times that I could really stand to be a little more organised. Particularly in the mornings. PARTICULARLY on weekday mornings. Even though I mentally plan what I'm going to eat the next day the actual timely execution of a healthy breakfast is something that sometimes (ok, regularly...) makes me late. NOT ANYMORE.
I'm a big fan of meal prepping, and also of not getting out of bed if you don't have to, so these creamy overnight oats tick both boxes. Just mix them up the night before, blend them in the morning and then eat them in the car because your probably still running late anyway. Oh that's just me? Poop.
Go with plant-based or nut milk if you're not into dairy and mix in a raw cacao for a chocolatey breakfast bonanza. Who doesn't love a chocolately breakfast bonanza?! Blend in a banana or some dates for sweetness if you need it, or leave out the protein powder if you're just not that into it. You can even skip the blending step in the morning and eat as is, but I think the gorgeous creamy texture is well worth the minimal extra effort.
EASIEST. BREAKFAST.EVER. Well, other than toast. Or fruit. Or cereal. Well probably lots of things, but this is AWESOME and you'll thank yourself in the morning.
Creamy Overnight Oats
1/3 cup oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup milk
1) Mix the oats, chia seeds and protein powder so there are no clumps.
2) Add milk slowly, stirring constantly until well combined. Place in the fridge overnight.
3) In the morning, use a stick blender or small food processor to blend the mixture until smooth and creamy.
4) Top with fresh fruit and nuts/seeds (or whatever).
Fit Kitchen Blog
Healthy recipes for people that love food.
Join the JLFN community to receive your free healthy chocolate recipes e-book
- as well as a regular newsletter with exclusive recipes, tips and special offers - making it easier to reach your health and fitness goals!