Chocolate. Peanut Butter. Commence Drooling.
Regular readers will know I'm a BIG peanut butter lover, so when presented with the opportunity to give Reese's Peanut Butter Cups a healthy make over I almost slipped in my own drool trying to get to the kitchen as quickly as possible. Be gone, crazy processed sugar rush! Hello healthy raw chocolate and peanut butter cups!
The recipe itself only has four - FOUR! - ingredients and requires just a whisk and some cupcake moulds so there really is no excuse not to make these. Unless you don't like peanut butter in which case you should probably go back to the asylum with the other loonies...(I kid, I kid, please still read my blog...) They're the perfect way to indulge your sweet tooth while sitting smugly, knowing what you're eating is actually healthy. Now if only I could exercise portion control...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup rice syrup
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
6 tsp natural peanut butter
1) Melt the coconut oil. Whisk in rice syrup and raw cacao powder.
2) Divide half the mixture evenly between 6 silicone cupcake moulds. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until set.
3) Add 1 tsp peanut butter to the middle of each chocolate cup.
4) Evenly divide remaining chocolate amongst cups and return to the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
Fit Kitchen Blog
Healthy recipes for people that love food.
Join the JLFN community to receive your free healthy chocolate recipes e-book
- as well as a regular newsletter with exclusive recipes, tips and special offers - making it easier to reach your health and fitness goals!